Basic Etiquette for Powerful PowerPoint Presentations
In the professional world, PowerPoint Presentations are the very first impression of your firm. They not only depict the features of a particular project but also are an efficient way to present your professionalism and attitude towards work. Therefore, it is important to look upon the basic essential etiquette for professional PowerPoint presentations that can make a powerful impact by using an appropriate structure, design and content.
Here are some basic etiquette for powerful PowerPoint presentations to be followed…
- Consistency: It is one of the basic etiquette to opt for a consistent and simple design template to make the PowerPoint presentations more effective and powerful. It is also crucial to be consistent in using elements like fonts, colours and background.
- Creating a logical sequence in the presentation: A random assortment of ideas can ruin everything and make your presentation meaningless. Therefore, it is important to keep a flow while organising the thoughts in the PowerPoint slides.
- Following the 6 × 7 Rule: This rule simply states that one should not use more than six lines or bullets per slide and more than seven words per line.
- Limited number of slides: It is important to note that the presentation must not be too long as it can become monotonous and distract the reader as well.
- Limited use of punctuation marks and capital letters: Using a lot of punctuation marks can create confusion and the extra use of capital letters can make the presentations more difficult to read.
- Opting for colour contrast for background and texts: Using an attractive colour contrast can make the presentation more sequential and effective. Use light tones like beige for the backgrounds to make it appealing for the eyes. Even patterned or textured backgrounds can affect the readability of the text. One can quote important words in different colours to attract the audience. But beware! Extra dark colour combinations can have a negative impact on the overall presentation.
- Usage of appropriate fonts: Another basic rule for creating an effective and professional presentation is to use appropriate fonts. Choose a font that is really simple and easy to read like Arial, Times New Roman, Myriad Pro or Verdana. It will make the presentation more professional and readable. One can use a combination of two fonts i.e., one for the headings and other for the content.
- Avoid over usage of transitions and animations: For creating an effective PowerPoint presentation, it is essential to keep in mind that excessive use of transitions and animations can mar your professionalism. It can distract the audience from the real meaning and purpose of your presentation. Thus, transitions and animations should not be the focal point of the presentation. It is a basic etiquette to keep the animations consistent throughout the presentation.
Need for the professional presentation consultants
So, it goes without saying that creating a professional, effective, impactful and easily understandable presentation isn’t that easy. There may be times when you may not be able to handle the pressure alone and would seek the help of professionals.
Well, if you want your presentations to be unique, professional presentation consulting services and design firms like INK PPT can always help you and do the task easily. They can handle your complex presentations effectively and at the same time, save a lot of your time, promote the brand value of the firm and create the desired impact on your target audience.